General Requirements and Knowledge
- Diploma (Electrical/Electronics/Telecom/Civil/Architecture) or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic Network environment and Outside Plant (OSP) work
- Comprehensive understanding of Optic Cable Installation and Terminology
- Hands on experience on AutoCAD, Micro station, Google Earth and ArcGIS
- General familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with command in English language. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Effectively use computers and other technology applicable to the job.
- Has good work ethics, effective interpersonal skills and can adjust to change
- Is honest and acts with integrity
- Team player
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft CAD (computer-aided design) drawings. Prepare technical drawings and plans.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts. Create and modify solid models and detailed drawings based on received data and in accordance with good industry practice
- Identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data and drawings.
- Create map layouts and views; generate maps and reports.
- ISP Design work such as Floor plan layout, Cable tray Layout and Termination details.
- Prepare bill of quantities (materials/parts) list, performing necessary cost studies.
- Prepare presentation materials using AutoCAD graphic software.
- Adjust current drawings and recommend changes based on their understanding and knowledge of the project.
- Perform CAD data Quality Control, reviewing data for completeness and accuracy.
- Follow project schedules and meet project due dates.
- Supporting colleague designers in their day to day activities
- Coordinating survey information/GIS activities with surveyors and field technicians.
- Follow standard drawing and printing procedures as set out by the client.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the CAD drawing library.
- Obtain all necessary approvals and reviews of project design data
- Work closely with the Design Manager, Project Managers, and Project Engineers to make sure that the design is precise.
Are you interested?
Please apply online and include your complete application papers (letter of motivation, CV and certificates) as well as salary expectations and earliest start date. Please make sure that all your documents are compiled into a single PDF (max. 3 MB) when uploading.